Senuti, a simple application for transferring songs from an iPod or iPhone back to a Macintosh computer.
The main purpose of Senuti is to recover music from an iPod during a hard drive failure or to add music from another person’s iPod. You can recover music, playlists, or videos from your iPod or iPhone. You can recreate your iTunes music library in just one click.
Want to be more specific? Preview and select only the songs and playlists you want to transfer. Senuti has helped millions around the world recover their music, videos, and playlists since 2004.
There are many good reasons that someone would have to transfer music from her iPod back to her computer. There are many good ways to do it, too. Senuti is the only alternative that will give you the power and convenience that you need, wrapped in an interface that is extremely easy to use, at a cost that you can’t complain about.
– Lightning fast — There’s a little file on your iPod called the iTunesDB file. What does that mean to you? Nothing. What does that mean to me? Everything. Every bit of information on every song on your iPod is stored in this little file. Every bit of information on your playlists is stored in this file, too. It’s how iTunes knows what’s on your iPod. It’s how your iPod knows what’s there, too. There isn’t a much faster way to figure out what’s on your iPod.
– Finding Songs — Senuti includes all of the built in options that one would expect to find songs. You can search and sort in any combination of ways that you want. That’s not quite enough sometimes, though. Sometimes you might want to know if you’re copying the right song. Know how it goes, but don’t know if that title is quite right? Play it! That’s right, Senuti will play songs directly off of your iPod. It can even double as a jukebox player for your Shuffle or any other iPod.
– Playlists — Senuti not only reads the playlists that you made on your iPod, but it allows you to transfer them back to your computer as well. A simple drag and drop action within the application will not only copy songs to your computer and and add them to iTunes, but it will make a new playlist with the same name and add all of the songs to that list.
– Seamless Integration — Adding songs to your computer, you’re probably going to add them to iTunes right after that, right? What if you didn’t have to, wouldn’t that be great? Well you don’t have to. Senuti will do all of the work for you. What work you want it to do is up to you. You can have songs added to iTunes if you want. You can have all of your music organized into folders by artist and album, too. The option’s yours.
- One Step RecoveryTake a shortcut and recover all your music, playlists, and videos to iTunes in one step
- Song PreviewPreview any song before you transfer — just push play
- iTunes ComparisonSenuti automatically compares all the songs on your iPod or iPhone to your computer’s iTunes library. Any song that is already on your computer will be marked with a blue dot.
- Playlist TransferWith a simple drag and drop motion, transfer specific playlists directly from your iPod to iTunes on your computer.
- Video TransferOn the iPod and iPhone, videos work just like songs — so they will show up and transfer in Senuti with your music.
Senuti requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
Check the release notes for information on the latest updates.
Installation and tutorials